Let’s be honest, being a Fit Pro isn’t all sunshine and rainbows. Yea, the good outweighs the bad, but there are definitely a few things that piss off Fit Pros, whether they’ll openly admit to it or not.
If you’re a fitness client and you do any of these things, I can assure you that you’re, at the very least, agitating your trainer. Which means you’re risking increased reps in your next session!
Here are the top 5 things clients do that secretly annoy Fit Pros:
- Showing up late. Whether you realize it or not Fit Pros don’t just roll out of bed and create workouts on the fly. A true fitness professional puts a lot of thought and consideration into putting your program together, and they show up early so ensure they’re set up and get prepared for the session. When clients show up late, it creates anxiety for Fit Pros because they have to change the program around to make sure a client gets what they need, and to make sure they are on time for their next client. If you show up late, stop doing it. You’re driving your trainer nuts!
- Not eating properly before workouts. No one wants to throw up during their session. And believe it or not, Fit Pros want it to happen if less than the client does. Nobody wins in that situation and only leads to an awkward conversation afterward. I’ve given away thousands of dollars of my own snacks to clients who choose not to eat before a session. The least they could do is learn the lesson and not do it again!
- Not doing their homework, which leads to a lack of client success. Not doing the work outside of training sessions not only keeps you from reaching your goals, but it’s like having a gourmet meal made for you, just for you, and not to take so much as one bite. A lot of thought goes into creating custom programs and nothing irritates a Fit Pro more than simply choosing not to do it.
- Haggling on price. It’s one thing to find a program that fits your budget, it’s another thing to haggle to get a “deal”. How would you like it if your boss haggled on what salary to pay you for your 9-5 job? Would you be more inclined to want to continue doing the same work that was devalued? Don’t damage a great relationship over something as trivial as money. You can always get more money, but you only have one body for your life. Choose wisely.
- Complaining about everything. Fit Pros get it when clients complain. They’re being asked to do a lot. Change their routine, eating habits, and mindset is difficult, which is why you hired a Fit Pro. But isn’t it safe to say what you did before is what got you here in the first place? Fit Pros paid the price to do the exact same work they ask of you, so why not just embrace the “suck” and get a result? You’re just going to end up thanking your Fit Pro later anyway. Let’s skip the complaining and focus on winning.
Most Fit Pros will never admit to any of this and they shouldn’t. It’s our cross to bear and we’ll continue to bare it proudly if it means we can get you a result.
Now if you’re a Fit Pro who’s tired of constantly working with clients who do these things, then I want to invite you to where I’ll show you how to take your fitness business online, or take your online fitness business to the next level.
In the training, you’ll learn how to add at least 5-10 new clients every month without guesswork or wasting time.
Click the link to request access to our Smart Start Training and learn 4 Simple Steps to Building Your Online Sales Machine.