Let’s be honest — you probably hate your job.
At least that’s what recent polls say with 85% of Americans stating that they hate their current job.
I’ll tell you who doesn’t hate their job: personal trainers.
Over my last 10 years working with personal trainers, I’ve never met a single one who said they hated their job.
They may have hated their manager or the company they worked for. They may have even hated some of the aspects of what it takes to be a successful personal trainer, like prospecting or writing workout programs. But I have never met a personal trainer who didn’t truly enjoy what they do.
Even the bad parts of being a personal trainer are better than the best parts of most jobs. I’ll give you 5 reasons why:
- We get to wear exercise clothes every single day. While most people have to dress up in penguin suits and march into their cubicle, we get to wear comfortable clothes every single day. Your loungewear is our work attire! Comfort is just one of those things you can’t put a price on.
- We get to make our own schedule. Most personal trainers get to choose what days they work, and for how long. Most of the time that ends up being long days and long hours, but it’s our choice at the end of the day. How many jobs do you know of where your work hours are your choice?
- We get to decide what we are worth. Most jobs choose your value for you, and more often than not it leads to being undervalued. As a personal trainer, we set our rates so we ultimately get to decide what we earn. How many jobs do you know you about where you get to choose what you earn?
- We get to experience the fruits of our labor first-hand. While most jobs have you stare at a computer screen, looking at words and numbers for hours on end, personal trainers get to see the people they work with change – from out of shape to the best version of themselves. Being able to see the fruits of your labor first-hand is one of the best experiences you can ever have.
- We will never be short of work. Being healthy has become a growing priority for many people and it’s not going to stop any time soon. Most people don’t know what to do to get in shape, or they don’t have the discipline to do it. That’s why having a personal trainer is priced the way it is, and that value will only increase with time.
Now being a personal trainer is not easy; it’s more of a lifestyle than an occupation. Those who are in it for the right reasons, and are willing to do the work that it takes to be a successful, will reap the rewards of being in this industry.
If you have been on the fence about taking the leap, I can’t say enough how rewarding and worthwhile it has been for me over the past 10 years. You just better be ready to go all-in when you do!
No one says you have to go it alone though — it’s why we’re offering limited time access to our Smart Start training.
If you’re an online or aspiring online Fit Pro, you’ll learn how to add at least 5-10 new clients every month without guesswork or wasting time.
Click the link to request access to our Smart Start Training and learn 4 Simple Steps to Building Your Online Sales Machine.