If you’re still relying on generating all of your sales face-to-face, you’re selling yourself short. Don’t get me wrong, face-to-face sales is a great skill to have, but there are a few things you should consider:
- There are only so many face-to-face conversations you can have each day.
- Not everyone who would buy from you wants to have or has time for, a face-to-face conversation.
- You can have multiple conversations with multiple people, all at the same time, when you communicate via text.
Learning the art of persuasion through DM is going to be a must-have skill set if you’re going to thrive in this new digital age.
So how do you close through DM?
It’s actually not complicated. It starts by asking 4 questions.
Note that this is for people who reach out to you. This doesn’t work if you are cold messaging people.
Now to the questions:
- What made you reach out to me today? When you can find out why someone reached out to you, you’ll discover their goals (which is the result they want) and you’ll establish one key thing: THEY REACHED OUT TO YOU and that puts you as the expert. People love to buy from experts!
- What are your challenges with reaching your goals? This will reveal the pain points they are experiencing. All you have to do is solve their pain with your solution. This question also causes them to remember what their pain points feel like, which will motivate them further to move away from pain and towards a solution.
- If you’ve been following me for any length of time, you should know that I can help you with all of those things. Are you willing to do the work? This positions you once again as the expert by showcasing your content (this doesn’t work if you don’t have content btw). It also simply asks for their commitment, not only get started but to get the results they want. This question will reveal who is ready and who is potentially wasting your time.
- Would you like my help with that? This is the close to move to the next step in the conversation. This is where you offer what you sell directly, or in some cases, you schedule them for a consultation so you can take them through your actual sales process.
This process works because it’s simple. The answer to our problems is often right in front of our noses when we don’t overcomplicate it.
Give this a try next time someone slides into your DMs.
Now if you’re an online or aspiring online Fit Pro, we’d like to invite you to learn how to add at least 5-10 new clients every month without guesswork or wasting time.
Click the link to request access to our Smart Start Training and learn 4 Simple Steps to Building Your Online Sales Machine.